- An automotive sales and service company needed accessible user friendly sales and marketing dashboards to provide a single source of truth
- Aptitive marketing analytics team created a Looker Sales and Marketing Dashboard consisting of several different visualizations to illustrate the client’s marketing metrics and their relation to the sales data
- The client can now visually see what campaigns and channels are providing the most leads and which ads are the most successful for bringing in new and reengaging past customers
Just the Headlines
Short on time? Here are the key facts.
For Marketers, Google Analytics contains a treasure trove of data for them to measure website performance, marketing attribution, campaign performance, and more. However, Google Analytics had some limitations when it came to user access and combining data from other sources to get the full picture of sales and marketing performance.
When the CMO of an automotive sales and service company wanted accessible user friendly sales and marketing dashboards to provide a single source of truth, they turned to the marketing analytics team at Aptitive for help.
Automotive Sales and Service
Companies of all sizes rely on Google Analytics to measure website traffic and performance across the digital landscape. It’s an essential part of any marketer’s tool kit. With that in mind there are some limitations to Google Analytics that prevent organizations from accessing and analyzing all the data they need to understand their customer journey and fully track the ROI of their marketing programs.
After Aptitive created a near real-time reporting solution and dashboard for measuring performance for their sales team, the CMO of our automotive sales and service client asked us to create a dashboard for the marketing department that combined Google Analytics data with sales data to provide a full end-to-end picture of the buyer’s journey. The dashboard needed to be accessible to teams that did not have access to Google Analytics and needed to enable them to track the effectiveness of their marketing initiatives from inception to the point of sale.
Aptitive began by creating a dimensional model and structured it in a way to support advanced analytics in Looker. The key to success was to model the data in a way that would allow it to fully integrate with the sales data. Once an initial model was created, the raw Google Analytics dimensions and metrics were manipulated into tables and ingested into Redshift using Kodda. We then created a reporting layer to store all of the tables in the dimensional layer to be used later in Looker. We brought the dimensions and facts into Looker through the use of LookML. Finally, the Aptitive marketing analytics team created a Looker Sales and Marketing Dashboard consisting of several different visualizations to illustrate the client’s marketing metrics and their relation to the sales data.
The resulting Looker Sales and Marketing Dashboards allows the client to see how their marketing efforts drive sales for the business. They can visually see what campaigns and channels are providing the most leads and which ads are the most successful for bringing in new and reengaging past customers. The dashboard that was created allows the client to see anything from website traffic information to ad campaigns in relation to sales.
With the Looker Sales and Marketing Dashboard, our client’s CMO can now quickly visualize and answer questions like:
- How many leads did my campaign generate?
- How many new and returning customers did we acquire as a result of this campaign?
- What was the cost per acquisition of this campaign?
- What was the ROI of this campaign?
- How much revenue was generated by this campaign?
- How do my vanity metrics such as page views, users, and click rate relate to sales & revenue?
- How does website behavior relate to purchase behavior?
- How can I optimize my pages to increase speed to sale?